Sunday 4 March 2012

Mrs Cinders has lost her mojo!

I re-arrange the contents of my kitchen cupboards a lot! It makes me feel good to be able to see what foods I have (or don't have!) right on Grocery Day! (There's nothing worse than buying a box of baking powder, only to find out you already had one of those lurking at the back of the food cupboard!). Little fingers grease our fridge door daily, and I find that by the end of the week, the fridge gets cleaned inside and out! The same goes for wiping down exterior cupboard doors, kitchen walls, and most doors at home! Seriously, I hardly gave it a thought when I had one child, but now that we have x4 children, a weekly/daily mop-about is what I am all about! I know one couple who don't have children, who say they vacuum their house about once a fortnight, or once every three weeks. For Mrs Cinders (yes that's me most days!) I vacuum about twice per day at least! It is a wonder I haven't yet been sucked up that vacuum hose into the proverbial black hole. There could well be another as yet unfound galaxy in there!

I like being Mrs Cinders, because deep down (or not so deep down!) there is a part of me who loves to dress up and be a Queen for the day. It doesn't happen often, but recently I have been creating "me moments" and they are just about as important as looking after my quiver of children! Recently I have been feeling a little down, so I: got a haircut, joined Weight Watchers (I used to be 65kg pre children; now I am 82 kg... not too bad, but I'm determined to lose ALL the extra weight: ZUMBA!! Here we come!! A la vista, 82 kg, voila, poof! I shall call on my Fairy Godmother to magic away those pesky kilos, but "Cinders" shall do her part to step on the royal bandwagon to demolish those extra pounds! I'm up to Day 3 on Weight Watchers and have been munching on a mountain of apples (they are worth "zero" points these days!!).... the Magic Mirror on the wall does not lie: there are NO apple sprouts growing from my ears!

I have completed x2 sewing lessons, narrowly missing sewing my own finger and almost running over a pin... but I emerged victoriously holding my very own home-made pin cushion at the end of my lesson! My sewing instructor probably thinks she is on some sort of "Learner Driver" test with me! :0)

I am sure that in no time at all, I'll be sewing up my very own ballgown.... perhaps I'll wear to my next wedding anniversary (since I already have my Prince Charming!). Better yet, I'll be slim enough to fit back into my wedding dress - it has been sitting forlornly in its box for eight years!

It is so much fun to sit down and watch the words fly off my fingers! My husband and I both have a love and a natural talent for writing, but we were going through a tough time with our kids, and the words were just not flowing! I lost my mojo, so to speak! But after pursuing "me time" and re-discovering "the real me" again, the words are back. The blog is back, and I am in that happy place again where the words are there, leaping onto the pages. The click of the keyboard is music to my ears! A sweet harmony of ones reflection on the beauty and simplicity of life itself.

Thank you for your listening ears my friends! Until we meet again in Blogisphere! :0)



No comments:

Post a Comment